Sunday, June 15, 2014

Change Your Attitude

    There are times that I am upset or angry and I know if I get out for a run, I can clear my head.  I can think things through and change my attitude about them.  I also know when I am feeling like I am overdoing it with eating or drinking, I can run every day and know that I am doing something about it.  My aches and pains aren't as bad.  My mood is better. 
     My wife struggles with her weight and her own aches and pains.  She knows if she gets on the treadmill, even for fifteen minutes, she feels more in control and more accomplished.  
     So, why don't we exercise?  Most of the time it's excuses.  Too much to do, too many places to go, too tired to do it.  We don't feel well, we don't feel like our joints are cooperating, etc.  The truth is, exercise helps our joints, helps us to feel better and helps our bodies to work properly.  Exercise makes us  more flexible and we have a tendency to eat better when we are exercising,   Begin with making fun choices like dancing or swimming, something you enjoy, then you might get out for a walk.  It's summer, so enjoy the weather and your time in the sunshine.  
     Also, Happy Father's Day to all of the Fathers out there.  Today is a good day to get outside and do something that you like to do while absorbing some Vitamin D.  Miniature golf or go-carts anyone?

Get out and do something for Father's Day!


No comments:

Post a Comment