Monday, May 21, 2012

With a break in the weather (though it really was a mild winter), it is time to step up the training. In less than a month I will be doing a little run with a few obstacles thrown in for good measure. That will make the running part easier, though it will make the entire event a little more of a workout.

I was up at Nay Aug Park, running aound the paved road that encircles it. It's about 1 mile give or take a bit. It is not very beneficial to get hung up on a specific distance all of the time. Just go out, run a little, and have fun. Here, in this picture I'm climbing a small outcropping of rocks, perhaps 8 or 10 feet high. I run a little, then I climb this as I go by, then I run some more. Climbing these rocks I use my legs in a different way then when running, I have to stretch them a little, and I also have to use my hands and arms. All in all, it is more a full body workout. Of  course I also throw in a little hill running, and maybe some pushups, dips, or chin ups. The idea is to mix it up and have fun.


Run, climb, play...

No comments:

Post a Comment