Sunday, July 8, 2012

Easy Run -- Today was our first full day back from Georgia and I needed to run. I haven't run since Wednesday, so I went out and pounded the pavement for a few miles.  I did ok at Peachtree, it was a lot of fun and I recommend it to anyone. One side note: to do Peachtree I had to take a train into Atlanta. Then there was a couple mile walk to the start line, and after the race, there was a couple mile walk back to the train. THAT walk is what kicked my heiner. It was mostly up hill and I was a bit tired by then. None the less, I do recommend a "Party Run" like  The Peachtree 10K. There were bands and quite a few fans and well wishers. There were even a couple bars offering their wares for runners. The winning time was just over 27 minutes, my time was a bit longer. It was doing the event that counted to me, not winning. Since I have done 10 K's before I did not even get a PR (personal record). It was a PR for a 10 K as a Master Athlete (Over 50), because it was my only 10 K since I turned 50. All in all, I had a good time though.

Run... Race...Socialize... Enjoy....


No comments:

Post a Comment