Monday, January 7, 2013

Day 1: Today was the 1st day of my internship at the Wilkes Barre YMCA. I am fairly certain that I am the oldest intern that ever graced their halls, and may even be the oldest intern ever from ESU. That does not really bother me. I know there are many people older than me in better shape, but there are also many people younger in worse shape. I do what I do regardless of what the world does, or expects. I want to have fun during the rest of my life. I know to do that and to be active I have to be in at least fair shape. I can't worry about what others are thinking about my running, or about my push ups, or about my internship. I am not in college at this age for any one's approval. I am there because if ignorance does not have an age limit, learning should not either.

So today I started my internship. In a few months I should graduate with my Masters degree. After that who knows, and who cares. I do what I think is right for ME. I suggest that you do the same.


I gotta be me: good; bad; or indifferent.

No comments:

Post a Comment