Thursday, January 3, 2013

Lunch: I am not a dietitian, nor am I a nutritionist. However, I do read about nutrition from time to time. Now that we are embarking on a new year, many people will be taking up new eating habits (at least initially). Some will over do an over due change. This to the left, is my lunch for today. I did not pre-plan to take the picture, it is a normal lunch for me. I know that it is hard to see because I am a better runner than a photographer. The meal consists of one chicken thigh (baked), a little bit of mashed potatoes and some mixed vegetables. My meals are fairly simple. I try to eat more vegetables than protein and more protein than starch. I do not recommend high carb or low carb diets, being vegan, or anything else. The best diet, I feel, consists of: "anything in moderation." I do not run away from pizza, dessert or alcohol. I do like my vegetables, and do not like them slathered in cheese. So, as you chase down what you think your perfect weight is, remember the same food that you ate last year in smaller portions is a change for the better, and when you throw in some exercise (I did do 5 miles this morning), then it is a better change. One last thought, the definition of a calorie is a "unit of  energy."

Food for thought & for fun


No comments:

Post a Comment