Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Get Ready For Spring!

      My wife and I decided to do a 5k walk/run for the Colitis and Crohns Foundation last year in Ocean City New Jersey.  The year before that found us in New York City for me to do the stair climb to the "Top of the Rock".  I look for 5k races and things so that I can contribute to good causes and get a t-shirt and have some fun running.  My wife accompanies me to the ones that are by the beach or somewhere interesting.  She doesn't necessarily do the races, or take part in the events, but did walk in the Colitis and Crohns Foundation event.   She likes to cheer me on though.
     Lately,  the winter has me exercising on the treadmill and the bike we have in our spare room.  Tomorrow, the first day of Spring, will hopefully bring some changes in the weather that will make me want to head outside to run around the city.  Running around the city aggravates me though, the city does not enforce any parking laws, so cars are parked all over the sidewalks on Moosic Street, Green Ridge Street, Wyoming Avenue, all the main venues.  This is truly a source of anger and aggravation for me, as I feel that it is a slap in the face to all walkers, runners, handicapped people, students, etc.  I am going to work on this with the city this year, a goal for me.
      Welcome the first day of Spring by exercising.  If you do it inside on the treadmill or just doing some sit-ups while watching TV, do something.  Stretch on your floor, touch your toes, walk around your block.  The first steps are the hardest, but the most important.

No comments:

Post a Comment