Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Keep On Trying


         

     I always say, healthy is not about the weight.  I truly feel the scale is the worst indicator of how fit a person really is. It's about feeling healthy.  It's about moving and trying. You need to be fit enough to walk a little bit or to be able to  tie your own shoes.
     You do make one healthy choice at a time, no one expects you to be perfect every day, every minute.  It is only expected that you try your best. You can choose to park in the top lot, the farthest parking space and walk into work a greater distance. You can park in the back of the store lot and walk a little further to the door. You can choose to take the stairs instead of the elevator. You can choose the side salad instead of the French Fries.  The decision is always yours.
       I was looking at the sayings that are posted in the picture attached to the blog.  I tried filling in the blanks. I'm happiest when I am running.  I'm happiest when I am with my wife, enjoying our life together.  Missteps are okay, because I'm not perfect.  It is about finding what works for you.  If walking  a block or two works for you, do it.  If stretching a little bit in the morning or riding the bike a little bit after dinner is your thing, that is fine.  If you like to swim, join a Y and swim a few laps during the week. Do what makes you happy, but ...just do it.

Here's To Healthy ...

No comments:

Post a Comment