Saturday, July 5, 2014

Take Your Brain For A Walk

     A little different twist this morning.  I like to help people believe that no matter what they do, it's better than doing nothing.  That is the truth.  Even if you walk a block, it's one block closer to feeling better.
     However, I do believe we need to stay mentally sharp too.  Night after night, TV bombards us with reality shows that just seem to be nothing but drama and problems.  We mindlessly watch one show after another, hoping to escape the day to day stresses that occur in our lives.  This is fine sometimes.
     My wife will tell you that I don't really watch much TV.  I play You Tube videos on various subjects in the universe, from GMOs to Physics to Music.  I try to learn Spanish or listen to debates on various topics.  Health and Wellness are my favorite videos, but I like to diversify.  When I really want to exercise my brain, I go out to Lumosity and try my skills at their site.  Now, I'm not saying to give TV up at all.  We love the Big Bang Theory, we watch Modern Family, we watch Jeopardy and try to answer what questions we can.  For fun we watch the Food Network, we like Chopped and the show Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives.  Watch what you like.  Just don't forget, to exercise your mind a little.  Keeping it sharp may help to delay or deter the onset of dementia.  Or just help you remember where you parked your car.

Keep your body and your mind sharp.

No comments:

Post a Comment