Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Christmas is a time for...moving...


      No matter who you are or what you do, there is always a way to get a little exercise.  The season is upon us now where cookies are baking and festive food and drink are starting to surround us at work and at home.  The key is moderation, balance and exercise.
     I am never going to give up the things I love like nut roll, kielbasi, ice cream and other goodies. I love to have a little Bacardi and Coke and when we go out I like to have a beer with my burger. However, during the week I eat a hard boiled egg for breakfast and for lunch I have a small bowl which consists of a protein, beans and a small bit of starch on the top... a little pasta or rice.  It balances out the days were I eat and drink a little more than I should.
       Walk, run, cycle, lift soup cans, wrap presents while dancing--just do a little something extra to keep your joints moving and to keep your weight from creeping up.  It is easy if you think about it.  Park away from the door when you go to the mall or to grocery store.  Walk up the steps, even up the escalator to move a little bit. Take the bag of potatoes, lift it up and down while walking around the kitchen table.  Small things, small steps but you can do this.


Keep moving at Christmas...
   

No comments:

Post a Comment