Saturday, April 19, 2014

Try It-You'll Like It!

     As they get ready in Boston to run the marathon, we remember the tragedy that destroyed so many lives last year.  When I hear all of the stories of courage and strength, it makes me more determined than ever to live every day the best way I can.
     Yesterday it was a beautiful day so I went for a run at Nay Aug Park.  They are doing some construction there, making the park nicer for people to enjoy.  It was a little cool, but very enjoyable.  I have a tendency to run on the treadmill and not go running outside.  I get aggravated by people parking on the sidewalks, people stopping and pulling up into the crosswalks so you can't get by them, people parking in all of the fire lanes and by the hydrants, etc.  I forget about how nice it is to be outside and to see people, to see trees and flowers now in bloom, to see fellow runners and walkers enjoying life.  I always say, it does not matter what you do toward becoming a little healthier, just do something.  Take a walk, buy a bike and go for a ride, go outside and rake your lawn and sweep your sidewalks. Put on some gloves and pick up some litter strolling over a block or two in your neighborhood.  Enjoy the spring weather that we are finally getting and make a promise to do a little something to get moving, even if it is only once or twice a week.

Try it--you'll like it!
Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment