Wednesday, July 8, 2015

So Happy Together

As some may know, I am still in school, I guess I am either a slow learner or just need a lot of reinforcement. Either way, I'm ok with that. My area of study is Health Promotion, and my specific interest is Geriatric Wellness. Basically, how to be fairly healthy as long as possible. Healthy does not just mean being able to perform a pushup or walk a mile when you're 80. Healthy means being capable and content. There are three main aspects of staying healthy and happy. One is physical, which I often talk about, another is physiological, which I will talk about in the future. The third is socialization. It is important to interact with others on a regular basis. Go to BINGO, walk with a neighbor and gab about friends and relatives, or if all else fails, get a pet. People that have others in their life, recovery faster from illness and injury. And those with a pet (not necessarily the "crazy cat lady") have a happier, more fulfilled life. In this picture, my sister-in-law's dog is doing crunches with me. Find someone or something to share life with, then share it.

"No man is an island..."  John Donne

No comments:

Post a Comment