Saturday, July 18, 2015

Staying "Hip"

Illustration of hip affected by osteoarthritis before and after hip replacement  So, 3 weeks ago yesterday, I had a hip replacement. I have always said that I would rather wear out than rust. This is just proof of that. My doctor did an anterior operation (a fairly new process which allows a faster recovery for more active patients), and I am getting by with a cane. The pain has tapered off and I am recovering well. I do have a nice 7" or so scar, which at my age will probably stay a scar. We all age, and we all lose some degree of flexibility, but how we react to the aging process will determine how active and how happy we are until our final days. My advice, stay active, get  a new part if you need one, and live until you die, doing what makes you happy.

Titanium: harder to wear out, but I'll try.


No comments:

Post a Comment