Monday, September 26, 2011

Weddings

On Saturday I went to a wedding reception. It was a good time. A little food, a little drink and a little dancing.

You walk or run a little, and you find that the walk from a few blocks away to the reception hall isn’t so bad. If you don’t get any exercise, you may find the walk a little daunting. The food was buffet style, and I always eat my veggies. A toast or two later and you find yourself on the dance floor.
I prefer to slow dance because I think that I look a little less like a dork. Eventually though, I find myself on the dance floor trying to cope with a faster tempo. It might be a line dance (Electric Slide), or just a more lively tune from any time in the last 3 or so decades. You try not to flail. Without prejudice, the woman across from you leans in, then she smiles and whispers softly, “you dance like a white man.”  You laugh and continue.

You are in good enough shape to dance without having a heart attack. You are fit enough to enjoy life. You look around at the guys that are sitting and watching. You see material stretched tight across bellies; you see stomachs that are hiding belts.  You know that as bad as you might look, it is still better than them.
Be active, be happy, dance

No comments:

Post a Comment