Sunday, June 17, 2012

Today, Denise and I did the "Warrior Dash," a race of a little under 4 miles with about a dozen obstacles. Nothing too bad, a few things to climb over here, something to crawl under there. And so on for an hour. We did pretty good, finishing in an hour exactly. We could not have timed that any better if we tried, and trust me, we didn't. Running through the flames was the second to last obstacle. The last obstacle was dragging ourselves through a 40 foot mud puddle under barbed wire. All in all it was a good Father's Day. I had my daughter and my sweetness. You don't have to be in tip-top shape to do one of these races, I'm not. You do have to be in fair shape and you have to make a determination to finish. It is do-able. It is not easy,  but it is worth doing and it is something to brag about. AND, if you share it with someone, that is even better. I DO recommend this type of event at least once.

Run for your life...really, running could improve your life...

No comments:

Post a Comment