Saturday, December 24, 2011

Almost Christmas

Tomorrow is Christmas. Yesterday in Scranton it was almost 50 degrees. That's unseasonably warm for this time of year. Maybe there is something to this global warming stuff. That's too bad for the polar bears, but nice for running.  I did about 4 slow miles than a little stretching. While stretching after a run, I try to take all of my joints through a complete range of motion. I'm hoping that this will enable me to keep moving as I age. My hips and shoulders already bind up a bit and I am afraid of losing what I still have. I do not do this before a run, a lot of people think that you should only stretch a little before exrcise and stretch more after being completely warmed up (as in a run). I am with that group of thinkers. After the run though, I make sure to roll my ankles, my knees, my hips, my shoulders, my wrists and my neck. A few slow rolls in one direction, then in the other. For me, it almost sounds like popcorn, or extra loud rice crispies. Well, maybe NOT that bad, but it is not totally quiet either.

No comments:

Post a Comment