Saturday, December 10, 2011

'Tis the season

'Tis the season... to "Paaaaarrrtay"!  We went to a Christmas party for Joann's work last night. The word "Christmas" may not be politically correct for a work party, but for MY blog that is the word that I am using. It was a fairly decent party considering I did not know anyone. A little food, a little open bar (beer and wine only) and a little DJ action. I drank enough to dance, but obviously not enough to dance well. I had a good time though, and Joann had a good time, or maybe she was just amused at my dancing.  I am fairly well coordinated and fairly fit. I have been more fit, yet that had no effect on my ability to dance. It is important to be fit enough to be able to move but dancing is more of a natural movement thing than a fitness thing after a point. You can't be in such bad shape that you can't move, but to dance well you need to practice and/or have natural ability. Good or bad though, moving (and even bad dancing counts as moving) burns calories. Burning calories helps you stay fit. Staying fit helps you dance. It is a cycle, but it is a healthy cycle.

Stay active, dance

No comments:

Post a Comment