Monday, October 3, 2011

Another rainy day

It has been raining quite a bit in the last few weeks. So much so, that many of the neighboring towns have flooded. Today, again it was rainy. It is my early day from class, so when I got home I went for a run. I went to Nay Aug Park because when I run in town I run on the streets, and when its rainy, I don't trust every vehicle that I encounter. I don't bounce nearly as well as I used to.

The temperature was in the mid 50's as I trudged through the rain. Pretty cool. I encountered only a few people walking their dogs, and didn't come across any other runners. I ran about 5 miles. Once I warmed up it felt pretty good and I still managed to sweat pretty well.

After I run, I always walk a few blocks or so. It is important to cool down after exercising. It helps rid your body of lactic acid and other by-products. Then a good stretch.

If I only exercised on nice weather days, I would not have exercised much in the last month. I could have worked out indoors, but I'm an outdoors kind of guy.

Indoors or out, rainy or dry, do something today.

Be active, be happy

No comments:

Post a Comment