Friday, October 21, 2011

Trail Running

It was a bit cool today and I decided on a trail run. I mention Nay Aug Park from time to time. They have a series of interconnected loops there, most of which are paved. They do have one loop that is not paved. The unpaved loop is Davis Trail. At the beginning of the trail (or end if you go in the other direction) is a small war memorial.

I'm not sure of the distance of the trail because you can start on  the trail and go onto a road, then onto a paved trail, then back to Davis Trail. I usually run about 3 to 4 miles, partially on a trail and part on paved road.
I managed to break a sweat about a mile into my run. The trail actually keeps you a little warmer. It is in the shade, but the trees reduce the wind. I like the sun warming me, but I can run without it as long as I don't have to run in the wind. I do not like running in the wind. I can not let the weather make me wimp out though.

Be active, be happy, no wimps allowed

No comments:

Post a Comment