Saturday, October 8, 2011

Lake Scranton

Yesterday was another nice day. When I got home from school I went to Lake Scranton for a run. It is paved there and it is well marked. The course around the lake is 3 1/2 miles. A lot of people walk or run there.

I hadn't run there since early summer so it was a nice change. It is not very challenging, but it is not entirely flat either. When you run a course like this, a lot of times you see runners coming the other way, or they pass you running the same way. Yesterday for the first time that I can remember, a guy passed me running opposite me, and  before I finished my lap, he passed me again. Nothing makes you feel older or slower than being lapped. After I finished running, I was walking it off, and I saw him milling around a little. I introduced myself and was happy to find out that he is active duty Army. He seemed to be in his early 20's so I figured if I had to get lapped, I prefer it be someone like that. I was not really hurt by his speed and my lack of speed, but he did get my attention.

Fast or slow, the important thing is to go.....

Be active, be happy

No comments:

Post a Comment