Saturday, October 22, 2011

Cooler weather

Today was another cool day. I ran this morning at Nay Aug Park again. It was cooler than it had been since April or so. I ran in sweats and a T-shirt, and started out with gloves on. When I run my forearms get warm, but my knees get tight, and my hands get cold. Different people run with different attire. I see some runners in cooler weather with shorts on and a long sleeve T-shirt. My knees would kill me running like that.

When you work out in cooler weather, you actually burn more calories then when you exercise in warmer weather. Your body has to work harder to warm your body than it does to cool your body. The harder your body works, the more calories you will burn. Remember that when you are looking for an excuse not to go outside into the cool weather. Just lace your shoes up, and get out there.

Be active, be happy

No comments:

Post a Comment