Monday, October 3, 2011

Pumpkin time

Its the first week of October, and fall is in the air. Yesterday, Joann and I decided to go to a farm nearby and pick up a pumpkin and some produce. After a nice ride in the country, we found the farm that we were looking for.

We walked the small field that contained all of the pumpkins. We picked a small one (about basketball size), and carried it to the farmer. It was a little rainy out. Now I do not consider walking around a farm in the rain, carrying a pumpkin, that big of deal. Yet I know that there are people my age, or even younger that cannot accomplish this simple act.

Did riding back roads and walking around a farm burn a lot of calories? Did I feel the burn in my biceps from carrying the pumpkin? No and no. But, it did get us out. It got us off the couch (even though  the Raiders were on TV). We were at least minimally active. It was good for us physically and emotionally. It was a good thing to do.

Be active, be happy

No comments:

Post a Comment