Thursday, November 17, 2011

Fizzle in the drizzle

Yesterday was a bit muggy for a November day. It was not hot, but it was pretty warm. There was also an on-and-off drizzle. I ran in town. I was just in that kind of mood. It was about 60 degrees when I left my house. I ran into town then towards Greenridge Street. Along this particular route is when I come into contact with the highest number of people parked on the sidewalk. It may not be professional, but as I run in front of a business that has illegally parked cars on their sidewalks, I always flip them off. Occasionally, someone will come out to see what my problem is, and I am always happy to tell them. They never seem to care. I am sure if they started getting ticketed, they would care more, but that is up to the city of Scranton.

Whenever I see a cop on patrol, I stop them to complain. Sometimes the officer says he will take care of it. The next time I go that way though, the problem still exists. For a city that is "distressed" and laying off police officers and firemen, you would think that they would care more about raising revenue. You would think, I guess you would be wrong.

Some day I will get mad enough to sue the city. It is not about the money, just the attention needed to correct a very fixable problem. I guess until that happens, I'm left to gripe, so I will.

Be active,,,, be vocal....

No comments:

Post a Comment