Friday, November 11, 2011

A nice rainy day run

You can  not tell from this picture, but there was a pretty steady drizzle to an outright rain on yesterday's run. I went to Nay Aug Park again, partly because of the rain, and partly because of the earlier sunset. I was in the mood for a longer run, and there I can just keep going, and still always be within a 1/2 mile or so of my van.

I was pleasently surprised to see that many of the trees still had leaves on them. Running through the woods is nice. Running through the woods with brightly colored trees is better. I have read that people that relax when they exercise burn more calories and reduce their blood pressure further. You do your body and your mind better not only when you "move," but also when you "stop to smell the roses."

I suggest that you do move: walk, run, crawl, what ever. I also suggest you stop and look at the world from time to time. Sometimes there is something worth seeing.

Be active, and sometimes stop...

No comments:

Post a Comment