Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Not 60 or sunny

It was quite a bit cooler today that it has been. It rained yesterday and that brought lousy weather with it. None the less, hitting the pavement was a necessity. I am not really too fond of the rain, so I passed on yesterday's run, but in hindsight, I would have preferred it to todays wind.

On top of the weather, I was running around at the same time the President was in town. His wife is an advocate of fitness and keeping active. I would have loved to get a chance to talk to her about the restricted use of our sidewalks. Alas, no such chance. Maybe next time, but I doubt it.

Not only did I not get a chance to interact with Michelle Obama, I had to put up with the traffic tie-ups of him riding around town.

A good note of his trip to Scranton, however, was that for some reason he stopped at the house of my pseudo brother-in-law's neighbor, and he and and his family got to meet the president. That was pretty cool for them and they made the local news. Pat and his family are all fairly active and they none of looked bad on camera. How would you fair? Perhaps it is time to get active.

Be active, company may be coming

No comments:

Post a Comment