Tuesday, November 22, 2011

My high horse: food wise

I know that this blog is about fitness. It is about being active. A little about eating right, and a lot about moving. Nonetheless, I am watching Chopped. It is a show where 4 different chefs compete making 3 courses of a meal, and after each course, one chef is "chopped" or thrown off the show. The chef that is left at the end of the show gets $10,000. Tonight's episode is featuring 4 school cafeteria cooks. One of the judges is the White House chef. He explains that 1 in 4 American children is going to bed hungry.

I am NOT against the international need for charity. I am NOT against giving to Haiti or Darfur. All that said, I think way too often we give to these foreign causes while here at home, our own children need help.

By all means give where you can, when you can. Just don't forget that charity is needed here also. In the meantime, be active and be fit so you can live long enough, to give enough, to make a difference.

Be active, have fun, stay "hungry"

No comments:

Post a Comment