Saturday, November 5, 2011

School: a pain in the heiner

A long time ago, I exited an aircraft at about "oh dark thirty." That is military talk for the middle of the night. Before I stood up, my back had a compression fracture (or two, or three). Now when my professors conspire against me and I have to spend several hours in a chair, my sciatic nerve and lower back hurt a bit. I have a whole week's  worth of studying to do this weekend.
To combat this pain, I had to get some blood coursing through my appendages. I went for a run. It is a kind of busy weekend, having to study for a couple of tests, and doing an ad campaign.

Initially, I was a little stiff and my running was tight, however, after a 1/2 mile or so, I began to loosen up and my running became more natural and relaxed. By the time I got back to the house and stretched I was 100% (actually my 100% is only about 75% of normal: "it's not the age it's the mileage").

So a little run, a little stretch, and a little blog, then back to studying. Ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

By the way, that is me in the picture. It isn't from from my army days, it is from about 2 years ago. Denise, my daughter, wanted to jump for her birthday, and she knew I would do it with her. So we did.

      Does this suit make me look fat?

Be active: a strong mind in a strong body...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment